- March 25, 2023
WhatsApp has been on the news for all the wrong reasons recently. The privacy update irked many users prompting them to switch to Signal. As a matter of fact, WhatsApp has rebounded. The privacy saga has not cost it much in the long run.
Moreover, the latest set of updates planned by Mark Zuckerberg confirms that the messaging platform would grow more in future. In a WhatsApp group chat with wabetainfo, Zuckerberg and WhatsApp CEO Will Cathcart revealed on Thursday about the new features.
Here is a summary of new features outlined by Mark Zuckerberg himself:
- WhatsApp to roll out ‘disappearing mode‘.
- WhatsApp to roll out ‘view once’ mode.
- WhatsApp to roll out multi-device support even when the main account has no internet activity.
Moreover, WhatsApp CEO Cathcart confirmed:
- Multi-device support in public beta to be rolled out in a month or two.
- WhatsApp would love to support iPad.
- Upto 4 linked devices could be used with multi-device support.
The disappearing and view once mode confirms that WhatsApp will soon be treading the path of Instagram and Snapchat. WhatsApp rolled out story feature on the pattern of Instagram. By the Way, the fleets feature of Twitter is also the same ‘story’ feature rolled out by Instagram or status feature by WhatsApp.
Interestingly, Zuckerberg confirmed that syncing the data for multi-device support was a challenge even when the battery dies, however, confirmed that it has been done now.
Looks like WhatsApp would soon be setting new standards. The latest innovations including the voice note speed also excited and comforted the users who hated listening to the long voice notes of their fellows.